We offer System Administration services for physical and virtual servers running Linux and Windows operating systems.
Two levels of service are offered to meet the needs of systems requiring high availability, as well as systems with less demanding requirements.
Set up a consultation with ITS to discuss the options that best fit your needs.
Pricing options based on your specific needs:
- Available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm:
- Installation, configuration and deployment
- Patching of operating system software
- Upgrades of operating systems
- Security software, including firewall configuration
- Monitoring to ensure proper operation, including optimized performance, connectivity, and disk usage
- Coordination of upgrades, adds and changes to existing service configuration
- Cycle/restart servers or hosted services on customer request
|$100 / month
- Includes all functions and items in the standard package
- On-call, 24x7 response by system administrators for emergency events
- Custom alerts and monitoring of system performance for customers
- Coordination with customers to perform work during off hours, including weekends
- Priority processing of customer problem tickets
- Availability of extended vendor support
|$300 / month
- Available for application installation and configuration
- Advanced optimization
- Other activities outside the scope of the monthly support subscriptions
|$86 / hour
How do I get it?
Send an email message with general information about what you are trying to accomplish to DataCenterServices@ucsf.edu.
Benefits of Systems Administration